Kilchrist (sometimes Gilchrist) Churchyard sits in the countryside SE of Muir of Ord, accessing via a farm road off the B9169.
Now within Urray Parish, this is a medieval religious site, which formerly contained the Kilchrist Parish Church. The main building was converted to a mausoleum for the Gillanders of Highfield and the Mackenzies of Ord (no access) in the 19thC (see Image No. 15640).
This website includes all visible and legible headstones. However, a number of stones are under the turf, but were surveyed in 2004/5 by The Kilmorack Heritage Association. For more details on these particular stones contact the Association via their website. Most are late 18thc/early 19th century. Here is a list of the principal names inscribed on those stones which are no longer visible :-
Anne (Fraser) Sutherland
James Macdonald (1873)
Picture Added on 27 December 2008.